Avy is looking for a mechanical engineer with drone/aircraft development experience. With an understanding of flight dynamics, propulsion and production methods ranging from 3D printing to composite construction.
As a mechanical engineer at Avy you will design, build, and test UAV systems and subsystems. Ranging from cargo bays to motor mounts, and from ground control stations to carrying cases. You will play a pivotal role in bringing our prototypes to market.
With your experience, you know how to bring a product to the market, what it takes to make something super reliable and what is needed for an excellent user experience.
- You have great CAD skills (Solidworks / Inventor)
- You have experience in design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA)
- You know how to incorporate requirements that come from legal and certification guidelines
- You have a broad understanding of materials and their characteristics in different environments
- You have experience in drone and/or aerospace engineering
- You are comfortable working with both system engineering requirements and an agile project management approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrable experience in bringing a product to market
- 3+ years of experience in the field of engineering / product design
- An affinity with drone technology and with our key markets of medical cargo delivery and wildlife conservation.
- Strong English proficiency
You will fit in our team when you..
- .. are flexible, creative and resourceful
- .. enjoy office banter in between hard work
- .. have a can-do mentality
What we offer
A job in a company determined to have a positive impact on the future: contribute to rhino conservation and medical cargo delivery to save lives! You’ll be telling the most interesting stories at birthday parties!
- Experience the excitement, chaos, freedom and rapid growth of a tech startup from within.. it will be the ride of your life!
- A warm atmosphere with regular drinks and occasional celebrations
- A work culture based on freedom & trust
- An awesome office with a maker space, gym, disco-toilet and delicious team lunches
Apply & join the team! We are excited to hear from you :)
Full-time position. Starting date: As soon as possible.
EU citizenship is required for this post.