USA – NORTH CAROLINA GLOBAL OPERATIONS – DISTRIBUTION CENTER OPERATIONS FULL-TIME
Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using battery powered autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies around the world, and we’re looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us. We have flown over 30,000 flights to date in multiple countries and this role will help launch and support Zipline in the US.
At Zipline, we live our core values of transparency, servant leadership and customer centricity. Our team’s collaborative nature combined with a high-energy environment means we tackle seemingly impossible challenges together.
We are seeking a Flight Operator and Controller (Pilot in Command) who has sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills and high standards. Success will require attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology.
The ideal candidate is a qualified commercial pilot with a remote pilot certificate, has combined manned and UAS aviation experience with a passion for operational excellence and safety. The right candidate will have a critical attention to detail and the ability to solve problems in a complex environment without supervision and has a passion for all things unmanned. You will be expected to conduct flight operations (ground and flight), perform limited equipment troubleshooting, and potentially conduct training/evaluation activities.
- FAA Commercial or Private Pilot Certificate
- FAA Remote Pilot Certificate
- 1+ years working in the UAS space
- Possess a current second-class medical (can be obtained after hire)
- Must be able to travel 20 %- 30%, as necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a manned aviation organization
- Experience with flight instruction and/or flight standardization (manned or sUAS)
- Experience in the development of flight manuals, training materials, and operational procedures for sUAS operations
What to Expect
- WITHIN 1 MONTH: You will receive elite UAS training that includes professional courses as well as apprenticeship with the rest of the Flight Ops team to learn on the job.
- WITHIN 3 MONTHS: You will become a certified Flight Ops professional – Being able to handle Pre-flight, Post-flight, Launching our UASs, and incident response alone, and have a thorough understanding of Zip hardware.
- WITHIN 6 MONTHS: You will become a qualified UAS Operations Instructor assisting with the delivery of classroom and ops training.
- WITHIN 12 MONTHS: You will be looked to as someone looked at as a leader for the UAS Facility, fielding questions from your team and helping onboard new flight operations personnel coming on-board
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.