Swoop Aero is at the forefront of a logistics transformation, using autonomous 3D printed aircraft to deliver on-demand, life-changing medical supplies to nations around the world. We have transformed the global healthcare supply chain through the development of an innovative two-way logistics system, which has allowed organisations to gain control of their supply chain.
Our goal is to revolutionise the way medicine is delivered to everyone, everywhere.
Is this something you would be interested in?
About the Role:
In the role of Flights Test Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting test flights of the Swoop Aero fleet of vertical-takeoff-and-landing (VTOL), fixed-wing aircraft. You will be a part of an inclusive, motivated and high-results driven international team
Tasks you will be required to fulfil:
– Test fly the Swoop Aero Kookaburra autonomous aircraft, and provide data analysis on the flight log
– Develop guides, instructions and training materials for the flight operations team
– Provide post-flight data review
– Support the development and certification of aircraft
– Develop and maintain flight controls regression test suite
– Perform other duties that may be required
– Two years minimum professional experience with classical dynamics, modelling and simulation, and developing controls in C++ and Python
– Creation of robotics models in BOS
– Proficient practical application of classical or modern control theory to an autonomous system
– Academic qualifications (Bachelors / Masters degree) in a relevant technical field, such as Aeronautical, Mechanical, Software and/or Controls Engineering
If you believe you match the criteria, have a demonstrated interest in operational unmanned aerial vehicles, and are passionate about helping millions of people, we would love for you to get in touch. Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, and we will get back to you as soon as we can