We are a team who do what we love and love what we do. We develop and manufacture an award-winning and world-leading autonomous drone system called Hovermap. The Hovermap drone payload utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate data collection and analysis of the physical world in places without GPS, producing 3D maps that cut costs and save lives in the mining, infrastructure, and heavy industry sectors.
Emesent has had a strong first year after emerging from the CSIRO robotics group and is now expanding on our established product to deliver more value to our customers. To that end we are continuing to grow our Brisbane based company, and are looking for excellent team members to contribute to the delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology.
This opportunity is for a Robotics Engineer to extend and optimise our SLAM software to solve problems and deliver high-quality data outputs for our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyse and investigate opportunities to optimise and enhance SLAM algorithms on Hovermap data.
- Leverage access to a wide range of data to extend the use of SLAM software in novel and challenging environments.
- Engage with internal and external users and support their use of the SLAM software.
- Research and implement innovative algorithms for auto-tuning or extending the SLAM software.
- Develop knowledge of both the software and hardware elements of the product that incorporates the SLAM algorithm.
- Process data, evaluate quality, generate data products for external and internal users.
- Investigate data quality issues and liaise with domain experts to identify faults and propose solutions.
- Maintain a knowledge base of discovered issues and their resolution.
- Write and maintain user documentation including user manuals and best practice guidelines.
- Track and report on major issues and customers needs and expectations.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software, robotics, mathematics or related field.
- Exceptional problem solving, mathematics and spatial reasoning skills.
- Software development with Python and C++
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Lidar mapping and SLAM will be very highly regarded.
- Experience with point clouds and 3D data analysis software.
- Experience with surveying or GIS tools and software.
- Experience in supporting technical products including software.
- Exposure to Robotics and/or electronics.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in an employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks of annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Candidates from outside Australia with a strong match to the essential qualifications and skills and an intention to relocate to Brisbane will be considered. Locals are also encouraged to apply!