To compliment all the under age drinking and illegal bicycle riding apps out in the world a really poor effort from Airshare in New Zealand.
You can now report illegal flying adding a picture to your report and pad it out to your hearts content.
This will no doubt hinder the emerging NZ commercial drone industry no end. Model aircraft fliers will also bear the brunt of NIMBY neighbors.
How much money has Airshare wasted on a product that’s not needed?
If I were a betting man I would say the number of malicious reports will far outweigh genuine issues. They might well catch one or two folks and they should face the law. Anybody maliciously reporting ought to also face the beak.
The Tracker app from AirShare allows you to report potential unauthorised drone activity near you, then send it to us for verification. Tracker lets you:
- Photograph drones you feel may be operating illegally.
- Automatically include the location of the drone.
- Add relevant details or notes about the incident.
- Keep track of your reports in a user-friendly list.
- Get updates about the status of your reports.