Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 is the latest event in the expanding conference and exhibition portfolio run by Tangent Link. It follows the recent highly successful SAR conference in Australia and takes place on 19-20 March 2019 at Nîmes in France. Tangent Link prides itself in having a strategic partnership to underpin each of its conferences, and this event is supported by Sécurité Civile, the French Government agency with particular responsibility for aerial firefighting.
Our hosts operate 23 aircraft on firefighting work, including twelve Canadair CL415s, two Bombardier Dash 8s and nine Firecats. Another Bombardier Dash 8s is expected to be delivered soon. The two-day conference has a full programme covering operational and technical subjects, along with the sharing of past experiences and exploring future plans.
This will provide attendees with both a wide range of actionable
Live demonstrations will take place just outside of the exhibition hangar on both days. N 19th March the Sécurité Civile will showcase two Grumman S-2 Trackers, two CL 415 aircraft and four firefighter trucks demonstration their aerial firefighting abilities. In addition, Air Tractor Europe S.L. will fly their AT-802 on 20th March.
A press conference is scheduled at 17:20 on 19th March with John Longhurst (CEO of Tangent Link), Mr Yvan Lachaud (President of Nimes Metropole) and Préfet Jacques Witkowski (Director General – French General Directorate for Civil Protection and Crisis Management) addressing the audience, followed by a short Q&A session. The dedicated exhibition area will provide attendees
Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 will review the latest national and international management policies, provide case studies of recent operations and examine operating procedures. The event will also explore and demonstrate the latest technologies, debate and discuss the questions in the minds of the world’s leading exponents and deliberate over how the future may look. Speakers include experts from across the Aerial Firefighting world, including
- Jacques Witkowski – Director General, French General Directorate for Civil Protection and Crisis Management, France
- Zisoula Ntasiou, Fire Officer in the Forest Fire Coordination Center, Hellenic Fire Corps, Greece
- Jeff Berry – Director, Business Development, Conair Group Inc, Canada
- Domingos Xavier Viegas – Professor, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Foster Coulson – Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Coulson Aviation, Canada
- Hugo Arceo – Sales Manager, Air Tractor Europe, S.L., Spain
- Derek Parks – Director Aviation Services, Department of Fire & Emergency Services, Western Australia
- Antoine Lemasson – Head of Unit, Emergency Response Coordination Centre, European Commission, Belgium
- Hans Kristen Madsen – Specialist Director, Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection, Norway
The winners of the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019 will be announced and presented at the Conference Dinner on 19th March. These Awards are presented annually to recognise a significant contribution by an individual or organisation to aerial firefighting. This year nominations were accepted in two categories: contribution to aerial firefighting safety & industry innovation and advancement. For more information on Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 at www.aerial-firefighting-europe.com