The position coordinates and directs all aspects of Sinclair’s Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) programs for the Aviation Technology Department. The coordinator will oversee laboratory and flight operations, manage curriculum quality, monitor student performance, and ensure compliance with FAA regulations and guidelines.
The coordinator will also market the program throughout the region to recruit students and identify collaboration opportunities with other academic institutions and aviation businesses.
The Coordinator position directly supports the Aviation Technology Department’s chairperson, faculty and students. Effective performance in this position will result in UAS students accomplishing their personal and academic goals as UAS operators, technician and analysts.
- Coordinate with the FAA to maintain certification for the department’s programs
- Develop a course schedule for each semester that maximizes student enrollment
- Coordinate with and assign UAS program faculty to courses each semester
- Maintain the department’s unmanned vehicles and support equipment
- Work with other Sinclair departments (UAS Center, Tech Prep, etc.) to support
- Work with the department chairperson and faculty to resolve student progress and retention issues
- Develop/manage annual supply and capital budget requests
- Ensure program compliance with all safety and environmental requirements
- Attend and support recruiting and outreach events
- Ensure that the program curriculum meets industry requirements
- Manage and update
currentcurriculum as required by changing industry standards and FAA requirements
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with other educational institutions and aviation businesses
- Advise and
councilprospective and current students on courses required for graduation and certification
- Minimum of an associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in aviation/UAS operations, management, and/or aviation education field required
- FAA Part 107 certification as a sUAS pilot required
- Technical skills related to maintaining and repairing unmanned vehicles and support equipment required
- Prior work experience in a management role preferred