UAVcast is a complete package of software tools that allow users to build a companion computer based on UAV`s using the most popular micro-computers and Mavlink based autopilots.
The Software is designed to help to establish 4g/LTE communication between the UAV and the Ground Control Station software without any additional tools. The software is also made to simplify the process of using companion computers with built-in web interface UAV managing panel. The idea is to have a simple web page for end users to configure the companion computer with a few simple steps and without any UNIX knowledge.
- You can now connect your flight controller to RPI by using USB => USB connection.
- Zerotier VPN. Easy to set up and it also uses the NAT traversal Technic to establish a direct connection to give less latency. (No port forwarding required)
- An external server in google cloud used as zerotier VPN Moon, this will increase the stability and gain less latency. Only for UAVcast-Pro users.
- More options for camera, such as custom pipelines, TCP/UDP and predefined resolution from a drop-down box.
- Multiple Telemetry destinations supported.
- Both UDP and TCP Supported.
- Responsive web interface fits all devices.
What you need
Mostly all Autopilots using Mavlink protocol are supported:
- APM 2.x
- APM 3.x
Navio+(Not supported yet) Navio2(Not supported yet)
NOTE! DJI systems ( like Naza or A2 etc. are not supported )
Raspberry Companion Computer:
- Model Pi0w – (with Raspian stretch lite or desktop image)
- Model Pi2 – (with Raspian stretch lite or desktop image)
- Model Pi3 – (with Raspian stretch lite or desktop image)
Modem for cellular connection (3g/4g) or Wi-fi router
- Hi-link USB modem (Integrated connection software)
- Regular USB dial-in modem (See link above for supported devices)