We are looking for a suitably qualified Business Development Manager to join our company. We require a highly motivated person who can work with little supervision in a dynamic and regulated environment. You must have extensive experience in the Unmanned Aircraft industry with an extensive knowledge in aircraft system design and its application across multiple industry sectors.
The Business Development Manager seeks out and develops new business opportunities for Textron Systems Australia and Textron Systems. This position is based in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Development, engagement and shaping of new Civil and Commercial business opportunities for Textron Systems Australia leading to contract award. Primary focus areas are Australia and the Asia/Pacific Region
- Participate in Campaign Teams responsible for capture of new business:
a. Develop responses to Customer and Government Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Request for Tender (RFP)b. Lead Cross-Functional proposal teams through the acquisition process.c. Develop Win-Strategies, Price to Win, Risk Analysis/Mitigation Plans, Partnering Strategies.d. Develop and lead gate reviews for assigned pursuits/opportunities.
- Manage Customer Relationships with key Commercial customers:
a. Develop and execute executive engagement plan.b. Shape requirements for Customers that align with Textron Systems Australia’s Products and Services.c. Own key Civil strategies/messages and One Voice for customers and Textron executives.
- Interface with Textron Systems USA and Australian Programs/ Engineering/Flight Operations/Commercial Sales and Marketing leadership.
- Interface with Textron Systems pursuits in Australian and Asia/Pacific defence pursuits.
- Represent Textron Systems Australia and Textron Systems at key trade shows and events, such as Avalon Airshow, Land Forces and Pacific 2017 to continue to promote the Textron Systems Australia brand and Textron Systems Australia products and services; supporting Textron Systems interests within the Australian Civil/Commercial pursuits.
- Travel within Australia and Overseas is paramount to success for this position
- Minimum 5 years experience in the unmanned aerospace industry
- Comprehensive understanding of Australian CASA UAV regulations including Beyond Visual Line of Sight experience
- a Marketing or Sales qualifications diploma/degree
- Excellent and proven track record working with customers.
- Experience working in a multinational organisation
It would be seen as an advantage if you have the following:-
- RePL with BVLOS approval
- Mechanical/Electrical/Aerospace Engineering Degree.