VT Group is seeking ScanEagle Operator located in AFG
Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operators support military and civilian customer operations worldwide.
Candidates must be willing to deploy overseas to austere/non-permissive environments a minimum of six (6) months at a time. FSR’s must be certified Insitu UAS Operators and have prior deployed experience within the last 12 – 24 months on SCANEAGLE in land and/or maritime environments. FSR’s will report to the Portland Oregon Unmanned Systems Office.
Required duties include:
- Conduct pre-flight planning to include mission briefings, analyzing weather forecasts, checking Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs), Special Instructions (SPINs) and airspace requirements.
- Evaluate customer’s mission requirements and determine operational needs.
- Coordinate mission specifics with UAS crew and Air Traffic Control (ATC) and review Airspace Control Plan and Mission Logs.
- Execute mission and deliver full motion video and payload data.
- Complete post-mission reports/logs.
- Conduct demonstration flights.
- Perform UAS and ground support equipment testing, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Coordinate with Company subject matter experts to resolve issues beyond the scope of field maintenance capability.
- Conduct and document maintenance actions.
- Conduct inventory of UAS spares/components and reports cycle counts.
- Conduct on-site formal/informal technical training.
- Experienced with prior flight hours as an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operator required, preferably on military UAS.
- Experienced deploying to OCONUS austere locations.
- DoD Active Secret security clearance with a current background investigation with two years remaining before expiration.
- Current US Passport with two years before expiration
- Ability to pass a Company background investigation.
- Excellent communication skills.
Strong customer service background.
- Ability to obtain an FAA class II medical certificate.
- Ability to pass rigorous Medical / Dental / Psychological pre-deployment screening per customer requirements
- BMI less than 35
- Ability to lift and carry 80 lbs unassisted for short distances.
- Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
- Ability to ascent/descend stairs, ladders and ramps while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to bend and /or twist legs, arms and body within normal range of motion.
- Ability to stand and walk without rest for at least two hours.
Ability to perform required job duties outdoors in conditions that may include extreme high and low temperatures, rain, snow, and high winds.
- Military/Civilian aviation experience, including FAA private/commercial pilot or A&P certifications.
A high-degree of computer literacy: prior experience with software/hardware installation, knowledge of computer networking to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, and fiber optics.
- 1 or more years of ScanEagle experience
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.