The collaboration between Seagate and DJI announced earlier this year is bearing fruit. Fly Drive has hit the market and is expected to retail for $119.99 and will be on display at NAB.
Drones are creating more content than ever before, and with the announcement of the Seagate DJI Fly Drive, managing that surge of data is about to get easier. The first data solution to come from Seagate and DJI’s strategic partnership, Fly Drive will allow drone pilots to efficiently back up their photo and video content on location, thanks to its large storage capacity, integrated MicroSD card slot, quick transfer speeds and durable build. It also comes with a complimentary two-month subscription to Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC, part of Adobe Creative Cloud®—placing the keys to creativity in the hands of drone enthusiasts everywhere. Fly Drive features:
- The 2 TB of space stores over 60 hours of DJI drone footage at 4K (approx. 250 flights). Rather than keeping a stack of individual microSD cards, Seagate says their drive will help keep drone pilots more organised.
- The built-in microSD slot makes it easier to quickly backup storage since computer makers (especially Apple) have been dropping the number of ports included with new models. When plugged into a computer, the microSD card will read as a second external drive that you can then choose to either drag onto your computer or the Fly Drive.
- The drive is rated UHS-II and works with the latest generation of computers with either USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3. The cable tucks into the back of the case, keeping it stored nicely and paired with the Fly Drive.
- The Fly Drive is protected by a bumper, which makes it drop resistant in the field.
- The Fly Drive will ship with a 2-month membership to Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Fly Drive features two months of complimentary access to Adobe Premiere Pro CC, the industry’s leading video editing software—a US $19.99 per month value based on the annual subscription price—so that users can immediately get to editing**.
Equipped with a drone, laptop, Fly Drive, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, creatives will have everything they need to capture, edit, and share awesome videos. The Seagate DJI Fly Drive will be available this summer for an MSRP of $119.99, but curious minds can see it this week at the NAB Show in Las Vegas, where drone enthusiasts will show first hand how it’s improving their workflow in the field. Stop by Seagate booth SL4527 and DJI booth C2807 to check it out.