Temporary assignment is available immediately – completion date December 2017
The UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) Program Coordinator is responsible for providing program support and assists with the management of AOPA’s initiatives to grow the drone pilot community. The coordinator must be able to communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including AOPA staff, AOPA members, drone industry professionals, drone pilots and prospective pilots.
The position is located at AOPA headquarters in Frederick, MD and reports to the Sr. Director of UAS Programs.
- Coordinate logistics for the UAS programs with both external and internal partners.
- Provide support to AOPA’s drone resources, to include but not limited to:
- Support communications and coordination of drone tools and resources including webinars, podcasts, conferences, print and digital collateral.
- Coordinate event requests and resources for drone seminars.
- Manage various e-mail accounts related to the programs and initiatives and ensure timely responses.
- Assist with preplanning of events and receptions at major aviation events, airshows and AOPA hosted meetings.
- Support UAS programs staff with internal production, request coordination, online content management, schedule monitoring, and budget tracking (including the use of accounting software and processing check requests).
- Maintain inventory, awareness and usage of AOPA print materials and online resources to engage the drone pilot community and spark an interest in manned and unmanned aviation and AOPA’s programs.
- Perform other daily administrative tasks.
- Two to four years of related professional experience.
- College degree required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in project and time management.
- An understanding or interest in general aviation.
- Remote Pilot Certificate preferred.
- To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please submit your resume to: [email protected]. Or mail to AOPA, HR Department, Attention: Temp – UAS, 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701.
- AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.