Insitu is an industry-leading provider of information for superior decision making. We design, develop and manufacture customized unmanned systems and information processing software solutions while providing 24/7 global training, services and support. Our platforms – ScanEagle and Integrator – have logged more than 835,000 operational flight hours, and deliver high-quality, combat-proven ISR for both land and maritime missions. Founded in 1994, Insitu is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled senior Software Engineer to lead the design and development of software for our Unmanned Aircraft Systems that are in continuous development, operating in multiple countries throughout the world performing diverse, critical missions for our clients.
Job Family Handbook Description:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
As a senior member of the Software Engineering department you will:
- Solve challenging engineering problems and lead the development of real-time safety critical software using industry best practices
- Be responsible for assuring the delivery of high quality products and software services
- Represent software engineering internally and externally and interact with senior personnel on key technical matters
- Mentor other software engineers and advise software management
- Have fun in a tight knit group while working on game changing UAS!
Knowledge – Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of real-time software architecture and design methodologies. Ability to synthesize software architectures and designs that meet requirements, characteristics and constraints.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., C++, C, C#, Assembly, Matlab).
- Knowledge of communications, networking, and protocols.
- Knowledge of computing equipment and its operating systems (e.g., Windows, VxWorks, Linux).
- Ability to integrate hardware and software components into a functional system.
- Understanding of computing machinery (memory, secondary storage, I/O, FPGA, processor, data bus, etc.) as it relates to software.
- Experience designing for resource constrained systems and experience with embedded and application software development.
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting hardware and debugging software.
- Experience with safety critical systems a must.
- Ability to interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well individually or in a team.
- Ability to independently identify and address tasks.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree of Science from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics. Typical experience: 9-13 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor’s degree or 7-11 years’ experience in an engineering classification with a Master’s degree.