You will be in charge of developing our next-generation software solutions for controlling and operating HySpex cameras for all application areas. The software will interface with different types of hardware, including sensors/cameras, electro-mechanical systems, gyro-stabilized mounts, radio links and various types of navigation solutions. Comprehensive documentation and strict version control (GIT) is also required.
Responsibilities include developing, testing, maintaining and customizing these software solutions to fit a wide range of application areas and use cases, as well as maintaining our SDK for third-party SW integration. You will have a central position in a multi-disciplinary and highly skilled development team.
We have a diverse customer base from industry and academia, and you will be responsible for creating a seamless and intuitive link between state of the art spectroscopic instrumentation and highly demanding customers/users.
We are seeking a person with a genuine interest in and passion for SW development, ideally with at least 2 years’ experience from industry, but this can be compensated by proven track record of other relevant coding activities.
Qualifications and skills:
– B.Sc, M.Sc. or Ph.D with a degree in Computer Science or SW Engineering or other relevant education and experience
– Excellent programming skills in general and QT/C++ in particular
– Experience with SDKs and SW development for cameras, frame grabbers and vision systems as well as other types of hardware is preferred
– A good understanding of math, physics, spectroscopy and electronics is beneficial
– Ability to understand user needs and develop intuitive and user friendly GUIs.
– Good communication skills (fluent English, oral and written)
– Enthusiastic, creative and proactive
– Self-driven and able to work independently and take responsibility
– Structured, systematic and thorough
– Good team player
We can offer:
– Close interaction with highly skilled colleagues and clients who are leading scientists in their field
– An exciting and challenging working day with individual freedom and responsibility
– A diverse, international and inspiring working environment
– A key position in a growing and enthusiastic team of scientists and engineers
– Competitive salary, pension and insurance terms
– Nice, modern offices and labs close to public transportation
– The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology in a growing market
A rich diversity of cultural and professional backgrounds makes NEO/HySpex a dynamic and exciting place to work and we encourage applications from women.