BirdsEyeView Aerobotics is a startup company that designs and manufactures small unmanned aircraft systems (www.birdseyeview.aero). Our goal is to make flying robots accessible to everyday people in everyday environments. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with a strong work ethic and a passion for developing cutting edge technology to join our team in Andover, NH.
– Creating, maintaining, and executing a plan for all near- and medium-term software development, balancing strategic goals with stakeholder requirements.
– Developing an intuitive, aesthetically pleasing, cross-platform user interface (UI) that interacts with the aircraft in real time.
– Developing an intuitive mission planning interface as a subset of the UI.
– Working with the autopilot team to streamline communications and add new features.
– Conducting bench and flight tests to validate software products.
– Continually improving software products based on customer feedback.
Required skills include:
– A four-year technical degree or equivalent experience.
– Experience developing real-time UIs for Windows.
– Experience interfacing with cloud storage and processing solutions.
– Familiarity with video transmission, display, and overlays.
– Proficiency working on large software projects, including version control.
– Basic understanding of hardware components (microprocessors, IMUs, wireless modems) and how they communicate (Serial, UART, I2C, SPI).
– Strong interpersonal skills and fluency in English.
Bonus points for:
– Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
– Four years of software development experience.
– Experience developing real-time UIs for Android and iOS.
– Team leadership experience in a software development environment.
– Experience with image stitching algorithms/applications.
– Experience with vision processing algorithms/applications.
– Experience drafting patent descriptions and claims.
– Experience in a systems engineering project/environment.
– Piloting experience with multirotors or other remote-controlled aircraft.
– Operating experience with small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
– Experience with Mission Planner or other UAS mission planning software.
– Fluency in Mandarin.
Job Type: Full-time