DroneDeploy is the leading cloud software platform for commercial drones, making the power of aerial data accessible and productive for everyone. Trusted by businesses and individuals in over 130 countries worldwide, we are transforming the way drone users collect, manage and digest impactful data in a variety of industries, including agriculture, real estate, mining and construction. Simple by design and easy to use, DroneDeploy builds revolutionary software compatible with any drone.
Drone technology has only just emerged from expensive toys into the realm of commercial application. Since time immemorial, the idea of agents with a bird’s eye view has been the dream of everyone from generals, farmers, surveyors, architects, and everyone in between. That dream has now become a young industry, and Dronedeploy is a leading SaaS provider making it happen. It is not an exaggeration to say this is your opportunity to experience history in the making. How often in a lifetime do you get a chance to say that? If you’re excited about drones and want to help us create a simple and seamless experience for drone users across the world, we’d love to hear from you!
The infrastructure team is tasked with keeping up with our accelerating growth without falling over. The platform we design and build enables high ROI decisions in industries as diverse as construction, agriculture, mining, conservation, forestry, and infrastructure inspection (but not military). We use a collection of SaaS, opensource, and proprietary technologies; whichever provides the right solution and seamless integrations for that piece of the puzzle. Some of the key technologies we leverage include Docker (for code packaging and deployment), Kubernetes (for container management), Ansible (for a lightweight config management), and Terraform (to manage our cloud infrastructure).
In this position you will be expected to:
- Have a passion for managing complex systems using software
- Bring a background in SRE, DevOps, System Engineer, etc.
- Love extinguishing excessive complexity
- Empathize with the people who use systems you build
- Excel at critical thinking and adapt to new situations
- Anticipate future problems, without over-engineering the present
- Be an expert in your domain, but never stop learning new things
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing complex systems using software
- Experience using and maintaining configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience solving difficult problems with a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Ruby, Python) in a Linux environment
- Proficiency writing and maintaining software programs
- Deep Docker expertise
- Experience with Kubernetes/Mesos/CloudFoundry
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
Life at DroneDeploy
Located in San Francisco’s growing SOMA district, we’re a team of star wars loving, hot sauce eating, tech enthusiasts with inspirational talents. Everyone is empowered to explore and implement new ideas and improvements. We enjoy our collaborative office environment and encourage each other to push boundaries. We host weekly Friday night BBQs on our rooftop deck, offer great salaries, generous equity,100% employee health coverage, unlimited vacation and delicious catered meals among other perks.
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time DroneDeploy will only consider applicants local to the SF Bay Area. If you are outside the locale and willing to relocate for this role, please note so in your cover letter. DroneDeploy will consider relocation assistance for the the right candidate.
Any unsolicited agency or recruiter submissions will be considered a gift, and we thank you.