3DR makes advanced drone technology easily accessible to the construction, mining, and surveying industries for use in data analysis, mapping, 3D modeling and more. 3DR’s flagship enterprise product Site Scan is a complete camera-to app-to cloud system that makes it safer and easier than ever for enterprise users to collect and process aerial data, perform inspections and improve business operations. For more information on 3DR, please visit 3DR.com.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us build mobile and web apps that interact with drones to automate data capture and simplify post-flight analytics. You will have the opportunity to rethink how construction, an $8T/year industry, is performed by bringing intuitive digital tools to a largely pencil-and-paper world.
What You’ll Own:
- UX/Design of both Site Scan Manager, our web app, and Site Scan Field, our mobile app.
- Reducing the complex act of flying a drone and analyzing drone data to something simple and beautiful for non-savvy users.
- Working with Product and Engineering to see your designs translated into beautiful applications.
- Innovating, negotiating, and leading through sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and research.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is more motivated to ship a product than build a work of art.
- Has experience designing both iOS and web apps.
- Is full of empathy for our users.
- Is comfortable prototyping, iterating, and driving product designs from ideation to implementation.
- Is exceptional at communicating designs through sketches, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes — whatever is necessary for clear communication of the concept.
Bonus Points for:
- Love of GIS/geospatial/mapping.
- Experience with React and/or Swift.
- Designing software that connects to drones or other hardware.
- Experience with 2D and 3D visualization of data.
What’s in it for you:
- Drones, visualization, big data, analytics, and VR–we are at the intersection of all of these hot areas.
- We are working on something awesome! Drones are changing how work gets done, and we’re leading the way.
- We’ll pay you a competitive salary plus equity, along with all the traditional benefits and some not-so-traditional ones.
Please include a link to your portfolio.