Flyability is an EPFL spin-off developing and bringing to market collision-tolerant and safe drones. The company aims at making a significant change in the use of drones by allowing them to enter spaces where no robot can currently penetrate and allow them to fly in contact with humans without risk.Flyability has received multiple awards for its innovative ideas and has a worldwide recognition. Our first market is in industrial inspection and will be followed by the consumer market, and search & rescue market.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers to join our team and work with us on mechanical design and industrialization for a duration of 6 months.
For this internship, you will join the life of the startup as a full team member and work on projects in line with your interests and competences.Subjects include but are not limited to:
- Design and prototyping of mechanical parts for future products
- Aerodynamic modeling and optimization
- Structure optimization for strength and low-weight (typ. for carbon composites)
- Material selection and testing
- Development of production test benches
- Industrialization of mechanical parts, in collaboration with our production and testing team, as well as external partners
During your time within our team, you will work closely with our mechanical and industrialization engineers. You will have access to various drones for testing, and be provided with all the tools you need. You will have access to our fully furnished workshops, including an aerodynamic test bench, crash test equipment, 3d printers, CNC, lathe, composite materials prototyping lab, etc.
We require a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Micro-Engineering or equivalent.
We look for autonomous, self-motivated and curious individuals who are not afraid of the unknown and willing to learn fast,with experience in some of these fields:
- CAD design or FEA
- Technical documentation for production
- Design for assembly, with integration of advanced electronics
- Design for manufacturing (rapid prototyping, CNC, injection molding or carbon composite processes), risk analysis
- Design of experiments (for aerodynamics, material, production or various tests)
- Prototyping of drones, robotics or mechatronic devices.
Working in a startup is a challenging and incredibly rewarding social and professional experience which may include one or many of the following side effects: countless hours of work, a constantly-reshaping future, tight deadlines, an emotional roller coaster and a frequent necessity to relocate out of your comfort zone. Are you up for it?
If so, please send us y our resume in English , specifying which subjects would make you tick , as well as 1-2 relevant reports about past academic or personal projects (e.g. Bachelor or Master projects reports), and 1-2 references. Please mention in the title “ Internship on mechanical design and industrialization for drones ”, and we’ll get back to you shortly!
Job Type: Internship
- Bac +3 (Licence)
» Postuler maintenant
Veuillez prendre connaissance des éventuelles instructions avant de postuler chez Flyability SA.