Insitu Pacific operates a thriving Commercial Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) services and supply enterprise, servicing a number of key commercial and Government sectors including the resources sector, environmental services sector, emergency services and RPAS research and development.
The Business Development Manager – Commercial is primarily responsible for identifying, developing and prosecuting RPAS business opportunities within defined market segments and strategy, preparing bids and proposals, and assisting with the development of business strategy for the growth of the Insitu Pacific business with an emphasis on emerging market trends and new business models in the Commercial Remotely Piloted Aircraft System services and supply market .
- Active participation in the alignment of Insitu Pacific’s Commercial RPAS Business objectives to the Company strategic direction.
- Contributes to business growth by identifying potential new business opportunities by engaging customers and other stakeholders and undertaking market shaping activities.
- Formulates bids and proposals by coordinating various inputs providing networking and scheduling data and producing the total proposal.
- Develops campaign strategies, customer contact and action plans, and provides formal briefings to senior management.
- Assists with the development of business strategy by providing appropriate market data and up-to-date assessments of business opportunities.
- Improves the profile of the business by maintaining contacts with existing and potential customers.
- Contributes to the achievement of small programs by acting as program manager and providing commercial advice to line management.
- Represents Insitu Pacific at trade shows, conferences and industry functions as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of five years of experience operating as a successful business development professional, preferably with some team leadership responsibility during that period, in one or more disciplines within the commercial resources and/or Government related sectors. (Infrastructure, Mining, Oil, Gas, Environment, etc.).
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills with an ability to devise innovative and creative solutions to seemingly problematic scenarios.
- The ability to identify and develop new networks and relationships, and to create new business opportunities within market segments new to Insitu Pacific.
- A sound understanding of Government procurement processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, work within a multi-disciplinary team and contribute at a high level within the organization.
- Demonstrated experience working within government or commercial GIS related markets.
- Excellent ability to conduct presentations and demonstrations to customers.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and personal alignment with Insitu Pacific’s values.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications.
- Some experience or knowledge of the application of RPAS based services to the commercial sectors.
- An understand of the regulatory frame work surrounding the delivery of RPAS based services.
- A sound understanding of engineering/technical/project management concepts.
- A sound understanding of deployed operational concepts.
- Understanding of export compliance procedures.
Working at Insitu:
Working at Insitu is both demanding and rewarding. To achieve our goals we find the absolute best talent and then nurture a highly productive and entrepreneurial environment. Each one of our team members makes a valuable contribution and the way we succeed is by creating intellectual property that is the envy of the industry. We work hard, but we are energized by the excitement of creating innovative products and services that are valued by customers from all over the world. We leverage individual talents in a team environment, support the professional growth of our team members, and offer an excellent benefits program.
Closing Date: Monday, 17 October 2016