We are looking for a talented master’s thesis student to join our team in Lausanne for work in vision-based navigation, to start as soon as possible. Our clients use Pix4Dcapture, a mobile flight planning app (android and iOS), together with their consumer drones to connect to, fly, and automatically acquire overlapping images. These images are then converted to survey grade maps and 3D models by our desktop software, Pix4Dmapper Pro. Automatic indoor flying is still a challenge due to the absence of a GPS signal and higher obstacle frequency.
This internship will focus on the workflows of positioning a camera to a known set of visual markers. These workflows can then be used to automatically fly a Parrot Bebop2 drone through a known indoor space or quickly position a camera. The ideal candidate demonstrates good skills in C++ and has experience with image processing.
- Work on algorithms to detect visual markers in real time
- As part of our development team, design application for:
- Indoor flight execution of Bebop2
- Real-time camera localization
- Good knowledge of C++
- Experience with image processing, computer vision
- English language, written and spoken
- Comfortable collaborating with development team
- Flexible and open-minded to feel at home in an international technology start-up
A company that faces problems together and values people first and foremost when achieving goals.
Highly collaborative structure maximizes each person’s expertise and creativity.
Active work culture and support system that reaches beyond working hours.
Prime location to enjoy Switzerland and Europe.