Have you been tinkering with electronics from an early age? If so and you are truly passionate about your subject we would love to hear from you. Blue Bear seeks an outstanding senior (or junior) electronics engineer to contribute to product development and R&D activities in a fast-paced and innovative technical environment. The successful candidate will be a team player with drive and initiative and a degree in electronics engineering. You will have a proven track record of quality hardware and software development and be keen to get involved as part of a small, close-knit team.
- Manage projects involving the development of electrical, electronic, embedded and software systems on scope, time, cost and quality axes, throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop requirements and specifications for electrical, electronic, embedded and software systems.
- Produce fit-for-purpose (early prototype or pre-production) electrical and electronic systems to appropriate standards, getting “hands on” as required.
- Assist in producing and rolling out processes and practices for the delivery of certifiable avionics.
- Analogue and digital electronics design & development
- Multi-layer printed circuit board design
- Microcontroller system design
- Hardware integration
- Assembly and testing of prototype designs
The role will also include (but is not limited to):
- Design of battery operated embedded systems
- Embedded programming
- Controlled impedance printed circuit board design
- EMC and environmental testing
- Radio frequency system integration
- High reliability soldering
- Design for manufacture
- General mechanical engineering tasks
- Cooperative teamwork
Desirable experience (but not essential)
- Board level radio frequency design
- Radio frequency system design
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will required to be security vetted to a minimum SC level.
Blue Bear is the leading proven supplier of innovative research and product based solutions in the field of unmanned flight, avionics, and sensor payloads. We evolve unmanned concepts, regardless of size, at a pace unmatched by other organisations and deliver complete commercial results. We deliver efficient solutions and professional services in support of military and civil markets worldwide, with unmatched pace, agility, passion and innovation.
Our track record in innovative research and flight test ‘firsts’ has won us several awards and a prime position in the domain of UAV development in the UK and Europe.
Our mission at Blue Bear is to be Pioneers in Autonomy and Unmanned Systems. We are renowned for innovation and strong collaboration with Primes, SMEs and academia. As an agile SME, rapid technology integration and maturation of ’best of breed’ UK technology is a mantra within the company. Over the last year, rapid read across all of our Unmanned Air Systems solutions to the Maritime and Energy domains with our Partners, are testament to this key principle.
How to apply:
Please submit your up to date CV together with your answers to the 4 questions below, by email to [email protected]
- Please provide details of your individual day to day role in your current or most recent employment. This should include details of what you contributed within teams, rather than what the team achieved.
- What aspects of the senior electronics engineer role at Blue Bear interest you the most?
- Provide details of any other experience, skills or training not mentioned elsewhere that you feel may support your application.
- If applicable, please describe your experience in board level RF design and/or RF system design?
When submitting your application please ensure you include details of current security clearance (if applicable) and confirmation of current and desired earnings.