Lets hope more experienced RPA operators and pilots get on board. There have been some disconnected mentions of ADSB in the past from on high. Things that showed a lack of aviation understanding.
Project Wing is working on self-flying vehicles that could open up entirely new approaches to delivering goods and services—including options that are cheaper, faster, less wasteful and more environmentally sensitive than what’s possible today. Project Wing is a part of X.
You have strong computer science skills and an interest in aviation. You are a whiz with spatial data structures and efficient algorithms. You also have an interest in airspace management practices and think that flying airplanes is cooler than crashing airplanes.
(I know its an SLT now not VTOL)
X is a moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x].
- Design and develop distributed backend service that integrates changing data from several peer nodes into a consistent spatial representation sufficient to support rapid route validation.
- Use well-known policies and procedures to create, manage, distribute, use, store, and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption for operators and aircraft.
- Work with your teammates and Google’s Security Team to implement a secure, non-breakable environment for deploying an Airspace service that supports authentication, encryption, and non-repudiation.
- Produce well-documented and thought-out APIs to be used by external organizations to efficiently share distributed state and request validation of spatial and temporal route information.
- Participate in our team’s software development processes, including: software design, implementation, and review; test design, implementation, and review; process feedback and improvements.
- Experience with spatial/geometric reasoning or experience with libraries/tools for manipulating and reasoning about 3D shapes.
- Experience applying computer science at a large scale, for example in a high-qps environment.
- Experience with distributed messaging and/or job replication techniques.
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems or certificate management.
- Experience with quality-audited environments that use traceable requirements, design documents, and test-plans.
- Knowledge of National Airspace System (NAS).
- Able to define and execute an ambiguous project: identify requirements, explore concepts, design, then implement solutions.
- Willing to design and write software developed according to a rigorous process.