Aerialtronics and Bosch Security Projects have initiated a strategic cooperation aimed at making “video drones”, or drones equipped with video cameras, for improved security applications.
The rationale for Bosch to choose Aerialtronics for this joint project is the high level of reliability, stability and versatility offered by our Altura unmanned aerial systems (UAS). The ultimate goal of both companies is pooling their knowhow to offer a leading drone-based security system suitable for diverse applications, obtained by fitting Aerialtronics’ small Altura UAS with a high-end professional security camera by Bosch.
The Bosch built-in cameras mounted on the Altura have day-night devices, which can offer outstanding capabilities in darkness as well as daylight conditions, thanks to their high sensitivity. An infrared light can be added for situations with ambient light going from extremely dim to nil.
Robin van de Putte, founder of Aerialtronics, said: “The advantage of drones is that they are extremely flexible and quick to activate when the situation requires. Thanks to drones, security operators can obtain real-time video imagery of extended scenarios as well as specific details, getting priceless information about the actual state of a situation. Drones are many times safer, cheaper as well as easier and quicker to use than, for instance, helicopters.”
A drone with video-surveillance capacities can offer a determinant contribution in many security-related activities, such as:
- Firefighting: monitoring of fires and environments at risk of fires
- Site monitoring: enlarging the visual field and facilitate monitoring
- Gas detection: faster detection of gases and other environmentally-harmful substances
- Crowd control: increasing the safety of crowds
- Search and rescue activities: shorten the time and improve coordination
- Investigation of accidents and crime scenes: accelerating the research of elements of interest without contaminating the scene, while obtaining more detailed information.