Today, unmanned avionics innovator Sagetech Corporation shipped its eagerly awaited Clarity ADS-B receiver, marking official entry into the manned aviation marketplace. The company will showcase the new product beginning April 9 at the Sun ‘n fun International Fly-In & Expo in Lakeland, Florida.
Sagetech is offering both models of its new receiver for sale now on its website: the baseline Clarity, with both 978 and 1090 MHz receive channels, priced at $1,150, and the fully-featured Clarity SV which includes a synthetic vision AHRS (attitude heading reference system), priced at $1,400.
Clarity ADS-B receivers offer a remarkable array of features in a portable unit smaller than a hockey puck. A video on the Sagetech website, SagetechCorp.com/safe uses animation to reveal the impressive inner workings of Clarity and the innovative technology it brings to the General Aviation marketplace.
Both Clarity models include:
- – Dual-Link ADS-B data receiver (978 MHz, 1090 MHz)
- – Free in-flight weather (NEXRAD radar, PIREPS, forecasts and more)
- – Data Burst Technology to buffer ADS-B messages while the iPad sleeps
- – Sagetech360 Internal Phased Array Antenna for superior omni-directional performance
- – WAAS GPS
- – No wires; stand-alone operation
- – Up to 8 hours of battery operation, or operate/charge in flight
- – Open compatibility, supporting WingX, Mountain Scope, Sky Vision Global Nav Source and all other participating EFB app software
- – Wi-Fi connection to iPad or other tablet.
Sagetech’s new Clarity ADS-B receiver ushers in a new, safer era of flight, giving pilots convenient and affordable access to in-flight traffic and weather data, which until recently was only available through paid subscription. Clarity receivers work with iPad charting apps, which are finding huge popularity among pilots, replacing paper charts with easy and convenient electronic chart downloads.