Vilnius based inovative company «My Research» announced the release of a new model, Ecilop Eco. The main innovation of the project is the use of the RoControl technology for camera stabilization. «As part of the RoControl project, we are seeking technical solutions for controlling the rotation and stabilization of the video camera not connected to an unstable base. This means that the connection between the camera mount and the multicopter frame is limited by friction in ball bearings only.
Prior to releasing a new model, the company runs various experiments and most experimental drones remain on the prototype stage. This is a regular practice of innovative companies developing new products instead of copying similar solutions. Commercial samples of Ecilop Eco will be demonstrated in June 2013.
At the moment, Ecilop-5 and Ecilop-6 models utilizing the RoControl technology are also presented for the first time.
Preliminary technical specifications of Ecilop Eco:• full flight weight – under 1 kg
• camera stabilization – RoControl with an air engine
• camera type – miniature (for instance, GoPro) • Kit price – under 100 dollars
• Kit contents: parts for assembling the multicopter frame and the camera mount, license for using the RoControl technology.
«We are offering the new Ecilop Eco drone under the following motto “Easy assembly, safe flight, stable videos, cheap repairs”,» – said A.Zaitsevsky.
The main highlights of Ecilop Eco drone:
1. Multicopter swaying does not affect the camera, since the camera rotates leaning against the air and not the multicopter frame.
2. Other camera gimbal types using the frame try to quickly stabilize the camera when tilting takes place, while Ecilop stabilization does that inertially.
3. The wood frame absorbs vibrations and does not pass them to the camera.
4. Correct arrangement of the structural elements ensures rigidity and lack of vibrations even without special dampers.
5. A lightweight wood frame will not cause a lot of damage in case of crash.
6. Small lightweight propellers cannot cause serious injuries.
7. If the drone falls from the height of several meters, the frame is likely to remain intact.
8. Two people can simultaneously control the drone to ensure professional shooting quality.
9. In the “heading hold” gyroscope mode, the camera will not tilt following an erroneous signal from accelerometers (the second operator can take care of smooth tilting).
10. Both optical and inertial horizon sensors can be used for automatic camera stabilization. 11. The compact drone can quickly maneuver and fly through narrow passages.