In December 2011, the Secretary General of EUROCAE took the decision to establish a separate working group to deal specifically with Light Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS).
Consequently, this activity has now shifted from WG73 SG4 to the new WG93 on Lightweight RPAS. Subsequently, this decision was approved by the EUROCAE Council and a small team elaborated the Terms of Reference of WG93, which have now also been approved by the EUROCAE Council. In addition, an agreement on the conditions of participation has been reached between UVS International and EUROCAE concerning the members of UVS International and the members of the International Coordination Council.
The WG93 on Lightweight RPAS kick-off meeting will take place at EUROCONTROL headquarters in Brussels, Belgium on 23 & 24 May 2012.
The following documents can be found in the main menu bar on www.uvs-info.com :
- The invitation of the WG93 Chairman to attend the kick-off meeting
- The agenda of the WG93 kick-off meeting, as well as the meeting’s Pre-Registration Form
- A document with instructions on how to get to EUROCONTROL & a list of recommended hotels
- The Terms of Reference of WG93 on Lightweight RPAS
- An introduction to WG93 on Lightweight RPAS & its work methodology with 4 annexes:
- Annex 1 – WG93 Leadership & Management Overview
- Annex 2 – WG93 Final Report Lay-Out
- Annex 3 – WG93 Work Package Objectives & Descriptions
- Annex 4 – WG93 Participation Application Form.
These 5 documents explain the standards making work for Light Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (Light RPAS) that will be taking place in Europe over the next two years. As many small and medium-sized companies are not members of EUROCAE, and as it is expensive for them to attend EUROCAE meetings, a new work methodology, based on the use of a SharePoint collaborative web site, has been established to facilitate their participation in this new Working Group.
The deadline to register participation in the WG93 on Lightweight RPAS kick-off meeting is:15 May 2012.