The Zephyr is now on day 12 of its mission and flying well. I’m no expert on the subject but I do know they need pretty calm conditions for the landing. A quick look at the forecast for Yuma on Friday morning, the two week point, shows a touch of wind and calming. From Monday the surface winds are picking up again, so if they don’t get safely on the ground over the weekend will they have enough power to fly until better weather arrives??
Would be a great shame if such an historic flight came to a sticky end. No doubt a safe landing during Farnborough 2010 with the worlds press in attendance and wanting to talk aviation would do Qinetiq no end of good!